By Lauren Mason of Sterilite Corporation
Coffee is an essential part of my morning routine. Whether it is hot coffee, iced coffee, or a shot of espresso, I am not fully awake until I have my coffee. Now that spring has sprung, I’ve been drinking iced coffee more and more. It is the perfect drink for the warm weather. Do not get me wrong, I love drinking a warm, comforting cup of coffee first thing in the morning. But once it hits 80 degrees outside, it is definitely time for iced coffee!
The best part about iced coffee is that you can make it right at home! It is quick, easy, and inexpensive. Most people simply pour hot brewed coffee into a cup full of ice and call it a day…but I find that method to be extremely flawed. When you pour the hot coffee over the ice, the ice starts to melt, making your drink diluted. Who wants watered-down iced coffee? Luckily, we have a secret tip that will make your homemade iced coffee taste even better than the baristas make it: Coffee Ice Cubes!
Follow these simple steps to make the perfect iced coffee:
- Brew your coffee the night before using good-quality coffee beans and put it in a pitcher. You should make 8 cups, which will completely fill our 2 Quart Round Pitcher.
- Make your coffee ice cubes: Pour some of the coffee into an ice cube try and let it freeze overnight.
- Put the pitcher in the refrigerator, so the coffee stays cold until morning.
(Note: the longer the coffee sits in the fridge, the stronger it becomes)
- In the morning, place 5 or 6 coffee ice cubes into a tumbler and pour the coffee over the ice.
- Add milk, half and half, or your favorite coffee creamer
- Stir and Enjoy